Guidance and Counselling at Lead City University opens the student to cutting edge 21st century training in human development and psychotherapy by world-class academics ably supported by a homely administrative support team.
With a passionate zest to help others attain self-actualisation, our team is dedicated not only to helping individual students and community members find meaning to and bearing in life, but we are committed to helping them to excel in their chosen endeavours.
I heartily welcome you to our world of helps!!!
Prof Donald A. Odeleye
Head, Department of Guidance & Counselling
The context within which the programme is designed is to develop graduates with a deep understanding of learning for human development and career advancement in teaching and related careers. The Programme provides current and aspiring leaders, mostly in educational sectors and agencies. It provides a contemporary and academically sound, yet practice-oriented, form of sustained professional development. We integrate service learning and leadership development into our programme. .
- Donald Abidemi Odeleye, born at the prestigious University College Hospital, Ibadan 13th July 1961 to foremost cerebral administrator and community leader Chief Dr Abel Ogundokun Odeleye (of blessed memory) and Mrs Elizabeth Wuraola Odeleye, retired educator.
- Elementary education at University of Ife Nursery School (then situated at the Polytechnic, Ibadan) 1965-1966 and NW5 Baptist Primary School, Nalende, Ibadan 1967-1972.
- Secondary education at the legendary Baptist Boys’ High School, Abeokuta 1973-1977.
- A/Level stint at Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo and the Polytechnic, Ibadan 1977-1978.
- ALL University education at University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife B.A. honours in Education majoring in History (1982), M.A. Education specialising in Guidance & Counselling (1987) and PhD in Counselling Psychology (2000).
- Over three (3) decades of extensive teaching and research experience at primary, secondary, teacher training and tertiary levels.
- Professor and Head, Department of Guidance & Counselling, Lead City University, Ibadan.
- Proponent of Biblical Spiritual Parenting (BSP) as veritable parenting option.
- Passionate about human development and behaviour modification.
- Best Presentation Award winner at the 2012 Joint International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education & Academic Business World International Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
- Well-published in national and international peer-reviewed journals.
- On board of many national and international professional & multidisciplinary journals.
- Member, Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) since 1987.
- Member, World Council of Curriculum & Instruction (WCCI) since 2010.
- Member, World Education Research Association (WERA) since 2013.
- District Overseer, Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria since 2015.
- President, Beth De Ezra Concerned Foundation since 1994.
- President, Nigeria Fencing Federation (NFF) 2007-2011.
- Chairman, Ogun State Swimming Association 2005-2010.
- Secretary General, Abel Ogundokun Odeleye Foundation (www.aoof.org) since 2003.
- Married to Dr Mrs Toyin Odeleye, also a first rate educator and have three (3) grown children.