Welcome to the Certificate in Early Childhood Education (CECE) programme page!
The CECE programme is an intensive 6 weeks programme designed for individuals who are passionate about working with young children and who aspire to become early childhood educators. This programme gives an in-depth understanding of the principles and practices of early childhood education.
The programme is taught by experienced educators who are dedicated to providing students with the best possible education. Our faculty members have years of experience in early childhood education and are committed to helping students achieve their career goals.
If you are passionate about working with young children and want to start a career in early childhood education, our CECE programme is the perfect choice for you.
The programme is open to existing and aspiring practitioners in early childhood education such as school owners and administrators, preschool and primary school teachers, teaching assistants, owners of child day-care centres, childcare workers, managers of children’s churches, tutors and parents.
The Certificate in Early Childhood Education (CECE) programme is a comprehensive programme that covers a wide range of topics related to early childhood education. The programme includes courses such as Philosophy, Pedagogy and Theories of ECE, Neuroscience & its Implications to ECE, Differentiated Instruction, Math Pedagogy in Early Years, Phonics, Learning through play, Essentials of Montessori Teaching, Classroom set up and Management, Teaching practicum and much more.
The CECE programme is a great option for individuals who are looking to start a career in early childhood education or for those who are already working in the field who want to update their knowledge and gain additional knowledge and skills.
- To be eligible for our CECE programme, the most important requirement is a desire to work with children.
- The minimum academic requirement is at least a Credit in ‘O’ Level English.
Our CECE programme prepares students for a variety of career opportunities in the field of early childhood education, such as:
- Preschool Teacher/Head Start Teacher
- Child Care Centre Director
- Early Childhood Education Consultant
- Child Development Specialist
- Early Childhood Education Advocate
- Classroom Assistant
Graduates of our CECE programme are highly sought after by employers in the field due to the comprehensive education they receive and the practical skills they develop throughout the programme.
Why Choose Our CECE Programme?
- Comprehensive curriculum: Our CECE programme covers a wide range of topics related to early childhood education, providing students with a well-rounded education.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty members are experienced educators who are dedicated to providing students with the best possible education.
- Flexibility: Our programme offers a combination of online and on-site teaching modes, providing students with the flexibility they need to balance their academic and personal responsibilities.
- Career opportunities: Our CECE programme graduates are highly sought after by employers in the field due to the comprehensive education they receive and the practical, hands on skills they develop throughout the programme.
- Support: Our CECE programme provides students with access to academic and career support services to help them succeed in the programme and beyond. We offer valuable help to all our alumni who wish to progress academically.
The 2023 session will run from Tuesday, August 1 to Friday, September 8, 2023.
Class Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 10 am to 2 pm
Tuition Fee: ₦100,000
Application Processing Fee: ₦10,000
The online classes attract an additional fee of ₦50,000
For all enquiries please call the LCU Contact Centre on:
+234 (0) 815 331 8709| +234 (0) 815 331 8708
+234 (0) 815 331 8702(WhatsApp Only)
Apply today and start your journey towards a rewarding career in early childhood education!
Lead City University……… Knowledge for Self-Reliance.