The Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences believes in the upbringing of intellectual and skillful individuals who will provide efficient services needed for national developmental goals, industrial aspirations, self reliance and economic empowerment – particularly in the areas of medicine, public and community health, chemistry, nursing and other health services and innovations. To achieve this, our students are provided with sound laboratory training, relevant industrial attachment and exposure to research methodologies. With this intense training, our graduates help to contribute to high level manpower needed in all facets of our national development.
Our Programmes include:
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Public Health
- Medical Laboratory Science (Pathology)
LADOKUN, Olusola Abiola is a Professor of Nutritional Biochemistry. She holds a Ph.D in Agricultural Biochemistry and Nutrition from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. She has been actively involved in teaching and research at the Lead City University, Ibadan, for the past eleven years. Her areas of research include but not limited to Food Chemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Bioremediation and Biofuel production.
Presently, she is conducting a research to extract and characterize polyphenolic oxidase from selected fruits and tubers. She has over forty publications both in local and international journals to her credit, two authored books and several chapters in books.
She has attended and presented papers in conferences and workshops in Nigeria and Internationally. Some of the awards she has received include:
- EMBO/EMBL Symposium Registration Fee Waiver to attend the EMBO/EMBL Symposium Structure and Dynamics of Protein Networks held at the EMBL Advanced Training Centre Heidelbery Germany 13–16 October, 2011.
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2010 Travel Grant to attend the TWOWS Fourth General Assembly and international Conference, Beijing, China.
- Islamic Development Bank, 2007 Travel Grant to attend the 8th African Crop Science Society Conference held at Minia University, El-Minia, Egypt.
- MASHAV Scholarship Award, 2004: Sponsored by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel.
Phone no: +234-8034995499
S/N Name Designation Qualification 1. Prof. O. A LADOKUN Professor B. Sc., M. Sc., Ph.D (Ibadan) 2. Dr. (Mrs.) T. AROJOJOYE Senior Lecturer B.Sc, M.Sc. (Ibadan), Ph. D (Ibadan) 3. Dr. S. O. BANJOKO Senior Lecturer Dip. (Histophatology), Dip. In Chemical tology (LUTH), M.Sc. MPH 4. Dr. M. O. IGHODARO Senior Lecturer B. Sc. (Lagos), M. Sc. (Ibadan), PhD 5. Mrs. O. NWAECHEFU Lecturer I B. Sc., M. Sc. (Ibadan) 6. Dr. (Mrs.) F. B. ASEJEJE Lecturer II B.Sc., (Ibadan), M.Sc. (Ibadan), PhD (Ibadan) 7. Mr. A.M. ADEOSUN Lecturer II B.Sc. (Lead City), M.Sc. (Ibadan) 8. Mrs. O. DUROSINLORUN Assistant Lecturer B.Sc. (Lead City), M.Sc (Ibadan) 9. Mr. O. AMINU Graduate Assistant B.Sc.(Lead City) 10. Mrs. J. HASSAN Asst. Chief Technologist Final Diploma, MECPC (Ibadan) 11. Mr. A.O. FASINA Technologist I B.Tech (Ogbomoso) 12. Mrs. B. M. EKEOLU Technologist I HND(Offa) 13. Miss. A. J. OLANIYI Technologist II B.Sc (Lead city)